Topline Presentation Points
Concepts & patterns of CNS relapse
- Utility and limitations of the CNS International Prognostic Index (CNS-IPI)
- Risk model for CNS relapse in patients with DLBCL treated with R-CHOP
- The denominator & predicting events
- Impact of the intervention
- A positive predictive value of 10% equates to a ‘number needed to treat’ (NNT) of 10 patients
- A prophylactic intervention may reduce (but won’t eliminate) risk
- Assume a given intervention may reduce risk by 50%….
- To inform CNS risk
- Cell of origin by GEP (Klanova et al, Blood 2019, Fox CP Blood 2019)
- DLBCL genomic classification to inform CNS risk (Wright GW et al Cancer Cell 2020)
- ctDNA as a predictive biomarker?
- Emerging data on utility of cell free circulating tumour (ct) DNA in CSF and plasma (Bobillo et al, Haematologica 106; 2021)