Why Guidance for treating patients during COVID-19 is important:
Goal for Rheumatology Practice in Canada – protect rheumatology patients from potentially fatal infection without jeopardizing treatment goals.
- Rheumatoid arthritis and other rheumatological diseases create an inherently immunodeficient, vulnerable state
- Immunosuppressive therapy may further increase the risk of infection
- The long-term outcomes of COVID-19 in patients is not fully understood
- The timing and impact of future waves of infection and delivery of a vaccine are unknown
- Without effective and sustained containment measures, COVID-19 outbreaks can lead to a patient load that exceeds the capacity of the healthcare system
All COVID-19 Guidances created by CARE™ Steering Faculties:
Maybe you mean: 'paintbrush-addon' or 'About care 1' or 'CARE™ about 2' or 'Events slider' or 'distortion-addon' or 'Mission Vision'