Updates in Gastroenterology
CARE™ has been busy! See below the recent work from the CARE™ Gastroenterology Faculty, featuring conference reporting and needs assessments.
CARE™ Perspectives Report: DDW/ECCO 2021
- The 2021 virtual DDW and ECCO meetings both showcased exciting research that will advance the management of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in Canada. This CARE™ report highlights key news and its potential impact for Canadian health care providers and patients.
- Visit ddw.org/education/abstracts for more information and links to the various options for accessing the full DDW abstract content. The links to access full ECCO abstract content have been incorporated within this report.
Abstract Spotlight: DDW 2021 775d.
CARE™ Needs Assessment Results: Managing Patients with IBD – Biosimilars and Access to Innovation for Gastroenterologists
- This needs assessment was conducted by CARE™ Gastroenterology Faculty and overseen by steering faculty lead, Dr. John Marshall (McMaster University). The needs assessment extends similarly styled initiatives conducted by CARE™ faculty over the last 5 years.
- The aim is to assess how opinions and experiences with biosimilars have evolved, and to identify outstanding needs and concerns.
- Data in aggregate is also shared as part of a supplement to the CARE™ at DDW/ECCO conference report.
Proceedings/Recap of the 5th Annual CARE™ Congress: Biosimilars Update and Access to Innovation
- Provide a platform to discuss perspectives/policies on biosimilars and access to (affordable) innovation
- Biosimilars are a reality in the Canadian landscape, we (still) need to consider their impact and use
- Understand each others roles/challenges to support (optimal) Health Care in Canada
- Innovation improves patient outcomes, how do we incorporate/afford innovative therapies and ensure equitable access to health care for all Canadians